Vertical Concert Grand
Building a 450cm/14 ft 9 in tall concert piano probably brings up a lot of questions – why, for what reason, to which end?
Short and sweet: because of the sound – for artists and enthusiasts, to reach new dimensions of dynamics and sound color; for those for whom the supposed best never has been good enough; for those with limitless creativity who seek, love, and are excited by new possibilities.
Due to its vertiical construction and other particular traits, this instrument lends itself to fixed installation in the same manner that an organ is permanently installed in a building in order to reach the instrument’s maximum concert dimensions.
The Klavins Model 450i is the incarnation of uncompromised, indescribable piano sound – the excitement is building!
Main Points of unique difference vs. the traditional concert grand piano
1. Outstanding sound, topping any existing traditional concert grand piano – regarding power of sound, sustain, clarity of tone, natural bass
2. Building integration possible – because of the outer frame of solid steel it can be built into a wall, attached to columns, fixed to any solid concrete wall, or fixed hanging from a ceiling structure.
3. Unlimited variations of visual design – coloring (of all parts), open or cloth covered structure, partly open / covered versions, show / cover steel structure, special LED lighting, and more.
4. Various, individual design of height and width possible, according to the given building situation. Meaningful sizes from 2,5 m up to 4,5 m height, 2 m – 2,5 m width, actual piano depth is always 29 cm.
5. Each piano is individually handcrafted by David Klavins & Team in Hungary.
6. Saves space, compared to a traditional grand piano, small footprint.
7. Pricing: The Klavins VCG is made to order, pricing is calculated in each individual case.
The Klavins VCG could be of particular interest for exclusive objects of various kind, be it concert halls, larger private dwellings, multi-functional centers, churches, luxury cruise ships, and alike.
The delivery time is presently 10 – 14 months from the date of order.
- Height: 4500 mm / 14 ft 9 in
- Width: 2200 mm / 7 ft 22 in
- Depth: 290 mm / 11.42 in
- Steel frame
- Double soundboard of solid spruce
- Straight stringing
- Longest string: 3901 mm / 12 ft 9.5 in
- Paulello Piano Wire
- Action: custom made
- Keyboard: 88 keys, custom made, with mineral keytops
- Hammerheads by ABEL
- Digital (MIDI) recording and state-of-the-art self-playing systems installed
- Weight: approx. 1.100 kg / 2425 lb
- Helpinstill pick-ups installed € 1200 net